Sunday, November 2, 2008

Things I Learned Today

Today I learned that there are people placed in this world to teach me things I need to learn along my path.

For instance, the guy that runs the sound board at my church is here to teach me anger management. He constantly turns off the stage monitor which results in me screaming into the microphone thus straining my voice and forcing me to sound pitchy. But that's his job. Because through me holding my tongue back from yelling all the explicit words I have in mind for him and by channeling the anger and embarrassment I hold within into something more positive, I am in essence fulfilling one of my life's purposes.

My Pastor taught me through the airing of his video at the beginning of his sermon today, that I must practice tolerance. The video demonstrated that through picking the "wrong man" for president we would be a disappointment to Jesus Christ and we would be giving a green light for our country to slaughter unborn babies. It was also made known that by supporting the Democratic Party we would be pushing children in the San Francisco area into a life of legalized prostitution. Enduring that sermon without walking out during the middle of it was a triumph of my spirit and soul. I reminded myself that ignorance in rampant throughout our country and those that claim to represent everything that is good and loving in this world are often the most judgemental and hypocritical ones. However, I have the power to deflect their negativity and ignorance from affecting my life by tolerating their opinions and reminding myself that they are there to teach me this lesson in tolerance.

The lady who posted a huge handwritten poster on her lawn screaming about how Barack Obama is a baby killer is placed on this earth to remind me that people can easily be lead to believe all kinds of things that are not true and I am blessed to be at a place in my life where I can tune into my soul and the energy of God and make decisions for myself.

Although all these instances and things sparked immediate negative feelings within me, I am blessed to have experienced them today because it is through the recognition of their lessons that I shall continue to grow in my faith.

No comments: