Thursday, October 23, 2008

What Will I Create?

It seems like it would be such a simple thing to answer, but its one of the hardest questions I ever had to ask myself. What will I create?

As I am learning throughout my spiritual journey, I am a creator. It is within my power to create the life I have always dreamed of. It is within my power to be whoever I want to be, experience whatever I want to experience, do whatever I want to do. I have learned that the key to my success is in my passion. If it is something I really want, and truly love doing, it will bring the maximum satisfaction to my life. Everything I desire or need is within my grasp. I get it. But what is it that I want?

There are things in my life that give me tremendous joy. Singing gives me an amazing amount of joy. I always dreamed of writing songs and singing them from a truly personal place within. Sharing a piece of my soul in a way which comes closest to the feelings that they resonate within me. Is that the path I wish to take? Is that who I want to be?

Then there is make-up. It seems simplistic, but make-up brings such joy to me. I loving trying new products, I love painting faces, allowing for people to feel truly beautiful. I love wearing make-up, the feeling it provides to me. Do I want to create my own make-up? Do I want to become a make-up artist? Are either of these things the paths I wish to choose?

There is fashion. I love clothes, I love the way fabric feels on the skin. The way the right cut of a dress can change the way you move your body. How it can change the way you hold your head, the way you talk. Clothes can make you feel confident, smart, sexy. It's a physical way of expressing your inner truth. You can be whoever you want to be. Whenever a desires to be something else than what they see themselves as being, they first change the clothes. I like that. I dig it. Especially the thought of creating my own maternity line. Whenever I was pregnant, i felt depressed because my body was changing and miraculous things things were happening within me, and I couldn't find maternity clothes that expressed what I felt or needed to feel like. I was stuck wearing pastels and flower prints (which anyone who has spent enough time around me knows...those things aren't who I am). I always wished that I could make clothes that would empower women through their amazing experience. Is that the woman I want to be? Maybe.

This is what I know... I like making things pretty. I like it when I can evoke emotion from people. Make them experience something amazing within them. I need for myself to experience beauty.. both within me and in everything round me. I want others to experience the same beauty. I will do something that touches many souls in a beautiful and positive way. I just know know yet what that is . Perhaps you can shed some light on how I can find out what it is.

1 comment:

goeschei said...

I love this...especially the part about you not finding maternity clothes that were your particular color or taste. It never dawned on me that you (or others) might be pigeon-holed into pastels because someone somewhere decided that's what baby clothes ought to be! Ridiculous! The beauty of this piece, for me, is the realization that you do, indeed, get to create. I have always wanted to innovate...that is, to create something not yet created. I always feel that I can't fathom what that "new" thing is, and you've done it quite simply in this piece of art here today...maternity clothes that don't dumb down the woman. It's patronizing! Clothing, as you said, ought to empower and inspire. I think you should explore that a little more. Of everything you mentioned, this one, to me, seems to really resonate. Bravo!